- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Craig Alan Couillard
D.C., CMT, CCSP®, ICCSP, CSCS, CES, PES
9202 202nd St W. Suite 203
Lakeville, Minnesota 55044
- My approach to health care promotes general well being and the ability to maintain the highest level of functional activity with each patient. I have found working with patients to be challenging and very fulfilling. In addition to treating patients, I have a passion of teaching and being a lifelong learner.
- 2000: Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Northwestern College of Chiropractic (currently named Northwestern Health Sciences University)
- 2000: Bachelor’s degree in Human Biology from Northwestern College of Chiropractic
- 2012: Diploma in Massage Therapy from Minnesota School of Business/ Globe College; graduated with highest honors
- 2014: International Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (ICCSP), International Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS)
- 2014: Functional Movement System (FMS), Level 1 Certification
- 2012: Successfully passed the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage board examination
- 2010: Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- 2010: Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- 2001: Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP), American Chiropractic Board Sports Physicians (ACBSP)
- 2000: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- 1999-present: Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 1999-present: Certified in AED (Automatic External Defibrillator)
- 1999-2001; 2012-2015: Certified as a First Aid Responder
Special concussion training:
- April 2014: ACBSP Annual Sports Symposium. Conference main theme is Concussion. Keynote speaker Dr. Robert Cantu
- September 2013: Attended Strategic Assessment and Management of Concussions. A eight hour conference hosted by Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
- June 2012 & 2014: Completed ACBSP (American Chiropractic Board Sports Physicians) course in Concussion Management. ABCSP has a national registry for concussion
- June 2012: Completed ACSM CEC Training, Heads up to Clinicians, Addressing Concussion in Sports among Kids and Teens. This course was in conjunction with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for Concussion
- March 2012: Completed New Advances in Concussion Management, Continuing Education Seminar, Minnesota Chiropractic Association
- January 2012: Attended seminar on Sports Concussion, Principles of Evaluation, Management and Return to Play, Verle Valentine MD, Sanford Orthopedics Sports Medicine
- November 2011: Completed the course Concussion Wise for Physicians, Sport Safety International. This course has a national concussion registry
- October 2011: Completed Concussion in Sports, What you need to know, presented by the National Federation of High Schools
POSSIBLE FUTURE EDUCATIONAL GOALS:
- Diplomate Certificate from the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- (CCN) Certified Clinical Nutritionist
- Successfully completed KT1 &KT2 from the Kinesio Taping Association; have plans to finish KT3 and then a full certification
HEALTH CARE EXPERIENCE:
- 2001-present: Solo practice, Lake Marion Chiropractic Center, PA; Lakeville, Minnesota
- 2000-2001: Associate Doctor of Chiropractic at Hart Family Chiropractic; Roseville, Minnesota
- May 2015-current: Master Instructor, National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- January 2014-current: Instructor, Health Path Education
- July 2012-current: Associate Clinical Faculty, Northwestern Health Sciences University
- 2011-current: Continuing Education Faculty Member, Northwestern Health Sciences University
- 2009-2012: Instructor, Normandale Community College Integrative Health Center
- 2009-2012: Adjunct faculty, Minnesota School of Business
SPORTS MEDICINE ACTIVITES:
- 2015: Chiropractic Staff at the 2015 World Sport Games in Lignano, Italy. Representing the Federation Internationale de Chiropractique du Sport (FICS).
- 2015: Chiropractor for the 2015 United States Paralympic Track and Field Championships at Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota.
- 2015: Invited to the Host Medical Team at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto, Canada. Declined the offer based family scheduling conflicts.
- 2014-present: Official Team Chiropractor for the St. Paul Saints Minor League Baseball Club
- 2013-present: Chiropractic Consultant for Hamline University Athletic Training Department
- 2013: Completed two week Chiropractic Volunteer Rotation at USOC (United States Olympic Committee) Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 2012: Medical Staff Minneapolis Marathon
- 2010: Completed two week Chiropractic Volunteer Rotation at USOC (United States Olympic Committee) Chula Vista, California
- 2009-present: USA Swimming High Performance Network
- 2009-present: Medical staff for USA Swimming Grand Prix Series Minneapolis
- 2009: Medical staff for USA Swimming World Championship Trials in Indianapolis
- 2009-present: Sports Medicine Consultant for Northfield Gymnastics Club
- 2007-2010: Sports Medicine Consultant for Gleason’s Gymnastics Club
- 2006-present: Member of National Health Care and Sport Science Referral Network of USA Gymnastics
- 2006: Sports Chiropractor for the Visa USA Gymnastics Championships, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2005-present: Health Consultant for Tiger Sharks Swim Club Farmington, Minnesota
- 2006-present: Member of the Sports Medicine and Science Network of USA Swimming, Areas of chiropractic and strength and conditioning
- 2006-2008: Sports Medicine Director at Dakota County Technical College
- 2004-2008: Team doctor for the Minnesota Maulers of the Mid-American Football League
- October 2004: Chiropractor for the 2004 TJ Maxx Tour of Olympic Champions; St. Paul, Minnesota
- 2004-2005, 2008-2013: Medical staff of the Twin City Susan B. Komen Cancer Walk
- 2000-2004: Team doctor for the Minnesota Vixens of the Women’s Professional Football League
- 2003: Team doctor for the Minneapolis Lumbar Jacks of the Mid-American Football League
- 2008: Team doctor for the Farmington Lions and South Metro Dragons of the Northern Power Football League
- 2000-2003: League doctor and consultant to the Mid-American Football League
- 1999: Chiropractic/Medical staff at the World Iron Man Championships in Kona, Hawaii
- 1999: Chiropractic/Medical Staff for the Women’s Professional Football League
- 2002-2003: Personal Trainer at Northwest Athletic Club in Burnsville, Minnesota
- 2015-2016: 2nd Vice President of the Minnesota Chiropractic Association
- 2014-present: Chiropractic Sports Network Coordinator for Minnesota; American Chiropractic Association Sports Council (ACA-SC)
- 2013-present: Abstract reviewer for the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- 2011: CCSP Exam Writing Workshop, ACBSP Symposium Boston, Massachusetts
- 2011: Health Care Management Program Chair Minnesota School of Business: Lakeville Campus
- 2010-present: Member of the Minnesota State High School League Sports Medicine Advisory Committee
- 2007-present: Legislative Chair Minnesota Chiropractic Association
- 2006: Legislative Co-chair Minnesota Chiropractic Association
- 2005-present: Minnesota Chiropractic Association Key Doctor
- 2003-2005: President of the Minnesota Chiropractic Association East District
- 2000-2003: Vice President of the Minnesota Chiropractic Association East District
- 2000-2002: Treasurer of the Minnesota Chiropractic Association East District
- 2003-2005: Lakeville Rotary Club Community Service Chair
- 2002-2003: Lakeville Rotary Club Community Service Co-Chair
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS:
- 2012-present: Minnesota Chiropractic Association Sports Council
- 2000-present: Minnesota Chiropractic Association
- 2001-2008: Lakeville Rotary Club
- 2001-present: Lakeville Chamber of Commerce
- 2004-2011: Valley Networkers Chapter of BNI
- 2006-2010: United States Sports Chiropractic Federation
- 2006-present: American Chiropractic Association
- 2006-present: American Chiropractic Association Sports Council
- 2015: Named to the list of 2015 Top Minnesota Chiropractors: Minnesota Monthly Magazine
- 2015: Recipient of the 2015 Presidential Award from the Minnesota Chiropractic Association
- 2015: Recipient of the Champions of Chiropractic Award from the Minnesota Chiropractic Association
- 2014: Recipient of the 2014 Best of Lakeville Award: Chiropractic Category
- 2014: Named to the list of 2014 Top Minnesota Chiropractors: Minnesota Monthly Magazine
- 2014: Recipient of the 2014 Minnesota Outstanding Educator Award from the Minnesota Chiropractic Association.
- 2013: Recipient of the 2013 Presidential Award from the Minnesota Chiropractic Association
- 2013: Winter Faculty Member of the Quarter; Minnesota School of Business-Lakeville
- 2012-2013-2015: Nominated for the 2012 & 2013 & 2015 Minnesota Chiropractic Association Chiropractor of the Year
- 2012: Co-authored a paper that was awarded a podium presentation; American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- 2009: USA Swimming High Performance Award
- 2001-2002: Minnesota Chiropractic Association Young Practitioner of the Year
- February 2015: Northwestern Health Sciences University; Annual Homecoming; Lectured on the role of Manual Therapy as it relates to Concussion Management.
- February 2015: Southern California Health Sciences University (SCU), Sports Medicine Department; Lecture on Cardiology and Concussion Management for Athletics.
- November 2014: Northwestern Health Sciences University, Post-grad department; Lecture on the (PPE) Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation and Concussion Management.
- April 2014: American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians, Annual Symposium in Orlando, Florida. Lecture titled Practical Cardiology Tips for the Chiropractic Office.
- November 2013: Prepared courses for the Health Path Education. The courses are Essentials in Concussion Management, Cardiopulmonary Examination for the Chiropractic Office and (PPE) Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation.
- October 2013: Northwestern Health Sciences University, Post-grad department; Lecture on the (PPE) Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation and Concussion Management.
- May 2013: Minnesota Chiropractic Association; Six hour lecture on Newest Guidelines in Concussion Management. Three hours on hands on examination skills, including SCAT training.
- April 2013: USA Swimming Sports Medicine and Science Network Annual Meeting, Presentation on a Comprehensive Treatment Approach to Managing Breaststroker’s Knee in Competitive Swimming
- April 2013: Minnesota Chiropractic Association Annual Celebration; Lecture on the Newest Concussion Guidelines from the 4th edition of the Consensus Statement on Concussion in Sport
- October 2012: Northwestern Health Sciences University, Post-grad department; Lecture on the (PPE) Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation and Concussion Management.
- September 2012: Minnesota Chiropractic Association Central District; Lecture on New Guidelines in Concussion Management
- May 2012: Normandale Community College; The Relevance of Vitamin D on Human Health
- April 2012: 2012 Chiropractic Sports Sciences Symposium; Type and Frequency of Musculoskeletal Complaints Encountered During A Three Day Endurance Walking Event. Awarded a Podium Presentation
- March 2012: Northwestern Health Sciences University, Post-grad department; Lecture on the (PPE) Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation and Concussion Management.
- November 2011: Minnesota Chiropractic Association; Lecture on New Guidelines in Concussion Management
- October 2011: Minnesota Chiropractic Association Metro East; Lecture on New Guidelines in Concussion Management